19-033 Summer Camp Supervisor
Seasonal full time position, 40 hours per week. Monday through Friday during the day. $14.10 per hour. Open until filled.
Performs responsible work in the operation of a Summer Day Camp program. Performs program planning, administrative assignments, and program delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position. The listed examples may not include all duties found in this class)
- Direct and participate in the daily supervision of the Day Camp Program for children ages approximately 6-12 years.
- Open and close assigned day camp/recreation facilities. Provide security for City facilities and grounds.
- Maintain Arena/camp facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness.
- Maintain and enforce safety rules and regulations. Conduct safety drills. Fill out proper Accident and Incident Forms and forward to Arena Program and Marketing Supervisor.
- Plan and supervise weekly trips, mostly to State Parks, beaches, fitness activities, sports, games, assist in arts and crafts, and various activities.
- Participate in regular staff meetings.
- Develop clear lines of communication with campers’ parents/guardians to establish strong relationships.
- Develop and distribute a variety of brochures, calendars, letters, posters, news releases, flyers, and related communications regarding day camp/recreation programs for publication on a weekly basis, or as needed.
- Maintain necessary and appropriate records of attendance, activities and operations.
- Respond to public inquiries about the Day Camp Program made by telephone, computer, correspondence, or in person.
- Promote interest and provide information regarding recreation programs to school officials, other recreation officials, community service groups, other departments, and the general public.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous duties such as answering phone, sending correspondence, running errands, picking up supplies needed for activities, collecting permission slips for various extra activities.
- Enforce Disciplinary Policy to ensure the safety and welfare of both staff and day camp participants.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, other departments and agencies, and the general public.
- Maintains familiarity with and executes safe work procedures associated with assigned work.
- Perform related work as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS: Considerable knowledge of sports, recreation and leisure activities for youths and teens. Ability to create and implement a plan. Ability to effectively express ideas in oral and written form. Ability to lead and instruct others in techniques and methods used in various work activities. Ability to write reports and maintain accurate records. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City officials, Commissions, employees, and the general public. Ability to serve in a supervisory capacity. Ability to carry out oral and written instructions. Good physical condition.
EDUCATION/LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Enjoy working with children and young adults. Also must work well with peers. Previous experience in similar program and/or certifications in CPR and First Aid are recommended. Valid Driver's license.
$14.10 per hour.