Arena Maintenance Specialist
You must read Position Description.
Performs semi-skilled work in the maintenance of the plumbing, electrical and refrigeration systems of the ice skating Arena. Performs maintenance on light equipment, and undertakes carpentry repair and construction in and around the Arena facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position. The listed examples may not include all duties found in this class):
- Clean and maintain the arena, surrounding grounds and arena machinery.
- Inspect and/or repair refrigeration, heating, pumps, plumbing, electrical and sound systems at frequent intervals to insure that all aspects of the systems are functioning properly. Refer defects or needed repairs to supervisor; cleans equipment.
- Maintain a variety of records relating to inspections, maintenance activity, water supply, consumption, etc.
- Maintain satisfactory ice conditions through skillful operation of hand and mechanical tools and power equipment.
- Drive trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment and supplies.
- Assist in the training of and may supervise employees in performing ice and facilities maintenance.
- Perform carpentry, electrical and plumbing repair and construction as needed.
- Maintain the security of the arena and environs. Ensure that all areas are secure and locked upon completion. Remain alert for vandalism and unlawful entry while performing duties.
- Request the supplies and equipment necessary to perform assigned duties and ensure that sufficient supplies are maintained in stock.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and agencies and the general public.
- Maintains availability when requested to meet emergency situations.
- Maintains familiarity with and executes safe work procedures associated with assigned work.
- Perform snow plowing and snow removal by operating a snow plow, snow blower and/or shovel.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge of general building and grounds principles. Knowledge of light equipment maintenance and the principles and mechanics of refrigeration systems. Skill in the use of tools commonly used in the maintenance of buildings, grounds, and arena equipment. Ability to perform simple maintenance and repair activities on plumbing, wiring, lighting, and sound systems. Ability to assist a skilled tradesman in major repairs to these systems. Ability to understand and give oral and written instructions. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with city departments, personnel and the public. Ability to write reports and maintain accurate records. Ability to perform strenuous work.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of two (2) years experience in the maintenance of buildings and grounds. Experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of refrigeration systems, and ice maintenance machinery preferred. Must maintain valid New Hampshire CDL-B with Air Brake Endorsement and Tanker Endorsement; CDL-A with endorsements preferred.
Regular Full-Time, 40 hours per week. Employee benefits available.