19-012 Gym Attendant
Position is open until filled.
Performs responsible work in the operation of a municipal gymnasium and weight training facility. This is a seasonal, part-time position, 25-29 hours per week, which would include working nights and weekends. This is a seasonal, part-time position. $10.02 per hour.
(Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position. The listed examples may not include all duties found in this class):
1. Collect fees for memberships, activity registrations, and daily facility use.
2. Respond to public inquiries about recreation programs made by telephone, correspondence, or in person. Promote interest and provide information regarding recreation programs to other recreation officials, community service groups, other departments, and the general public.
3. Perform a variety of miscellaneous duties such as answering phone, receiving activity registrations, entering information into computer facility programs, checking memberships, collecting fees, checking groups in and out of meetings and general supervision of building.
4. Perform custodial and maintenance duties as needed or requested of the gymnasium and building facility.
5. Open and close assigned recreation facilities. Provide security for gym facilities to include weight/cardio rooms, locker rooms and meeting rooms.
6. Possibly lead and officiate various sport programs if knowledgeable in them. Operate scoreclock.
7. Maintain equipment and supplies at a level consistent with budget.
8. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, other departments and agencies, and the general public.
9. Maintains familiarity with and executes safe work procedures associated with assigned work.
10. Perform related work as required
Considerable knowledge of sports, recreation and leisure activities for all ages. Demonstrate oral and written communications skills. Ability to follow oral and written orders, directions and instructions and abides by the rules and regulations of the department. Skill in counting money and giving change. Ability to effectively express ideas in oral and written form. Ability to lead and instruct others in techniques and methods used in various work activities. Good physical condition.
Previous experience in related field or job involving public relations with emphasis in recreation, physical education or a related area, cashiering. Certification in First Aid, CPR/AED desirable.
Part-Time, early mornings required, hours vary. $10.02/hour