19-023 Library Custodian
Part-time position, 20 hours per week. Working Schedule to be: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm and Saturday & Sunday, 7:00 am to 11:00 am. Thursdays & Fridays off. $12.34 to $17.49 per hour. Position is open until filled.
The Dover Public Library is seeking a responsible individual to perform routine cleaning and general maintenance in and around the public library.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position. The listed examples may not include all duties found in this class):
1. Maintains appearance and cleanliness of all flooring and carpeting, including sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing, spot cleaning, washing and waxing floors, as needed or scheduled by supervisor.
2. Empties trash receptacles in and around assigned buildings.
3. Maintains clean and sanitary conditions, and stocks supplies, in five restrooms.
4. Maintains appearance and cleanliness of staff and public areas in the library by dusting surfaces and bookshelves, cleaning desks, tables, counters, walls, glass and mirror surfaces, and upholstery.
5. When necessary, clears snow and ice from paths, stairs, and portico. Distributes sand and ice melt.
6. Performs carpentry, electrical and plumbing repairs of a minor or routine nature.
7. Prepares and paints floors, walls and building fixtures.
8. Monitors condition of building, performance of equipment, and alerts supervisor about maintenance needs and problems.
9. Performs preventive maintenance and minor repairs or adjustments to heating, ventilating, and other equipment and systems.
10. Maintains security by monitoring public access to building and meeting rooms, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
11. Maintains inventory of supplies and requisitions replacements and new supplies as needed.
12. Maintains building/facility illumination.
13. Maintains confidentiality in regard to activities/situations and individuals encountered while completing work assignments.
14. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff, other departments, and the general public.
15. Maintains familiarity with, and executes, safe work procedures associated with assigned work.
16. Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS: Some knowledge of methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work. Some knowledge of general building repair and facility maintenance practices. Ability to follow written and oral instructions. Physical ability and stamina to perform required work. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other departments, and the general public.
EDUCATION/LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Minimum High School diploma or equivalent. Must maintain a valid motor vehicle operator license.
$12.34 to $17.49 per hour.