Media Services Technician
Please read Position Description.
8 hours per week. Set schedule to be determined with supervisor.
The Media Services Technician, under direction, performs a wide range of technical support duties pertaining to the distribution and operation of multimedia and related communications systems and technology and the development and maintenance of Web pages and other content for the City of Dover; assists staff and others with the set up, operation, troubleshooting, and coordination of video, lighting, sound, telecommunications, videoconferencing, and other systems, including the operation of broadcast equipment during live meetings and video production; uses Web authoring and other software to design, develop and maintain the content for the City of Dover website; assists with the implementation of hardware and software upgrades and related system maintenance; provides guidance and training to end users regarding system operation; and performs related work as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position. The listed examples may not include all duties found in this class):
1.Delivers, sets up and demonstrates the operation of various audio-visual equipment for City of Dover staff,as well as for others who are using City facilities and multimedia equipment; picks up, inspects and cleans equipment after use.
2.Sets up, maintains and operates video and audio systems; videoconferencing; uses streaming/broadcast and telecommunications technology as appropriate; performs technical duties required to broadcast regular and special programming.
3.Operates multi-media camera systems for live and recorded municipal and governmental meetings, and special events; monitors and audits program schedules to ensure delivery and operation of multimedia.
4.Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment and network problems involving City of Dover multimedia,telecommunications and broadcast systems; configures, aligns, tests and calibrates multimedia equipment using various signal generators and test devices; repairs and maintains DVD and CD players, projectors, speakers, microphones, mixers, amplifiers, wireless transmitters and other multimedia devices using hand tools, meters, soldering irons and signal generators.
5. Helps regularly update the City of Dover website, under direction. Must be able to proofread and edit with proficiency.
6. Updates and maintains the accuracy of text and video content on the City of Dover website; prepares print-ready and text-input forms for use on the Internet.
7. Works as part of a team to develop, maintain and support the City of Dover’s website and various social media communication platforms.
8. Duplicates/replicates audio, video, data and other mediums using DVD, audio CD, digital tape, and data materials; edits video programs; develops and inserts animations and graphics, as requested.
9. Assists other information technology staff with routine technology projects; provides technical user support pertaining to website and other technology; consults with external consultants as authorized to develop solutions to system and user problems.
10. May perform technical administrative duties; attends meetings.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from a college/university with an Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Broadcast Communications or a closely-related field, OR at least one year progressively responsible experience in audio / video management, support, or related information systems work; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of required knowledge, skills and abilities. Employee must maintain valid motor vehicle operator’s license. Microsoft, Cisco and other Information System specific certifications are optional.
$18.41 to $26.06 per hour.